Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course – 6 Hour – Classroom
This course is recommended for professional people in the Early Years setting, parents/grandparents or people who are working as part of a team with other staff who hold a Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate – 12 Hour who work in the care of infants and children. Childminders or those working alone require the Full Paediatric First Aid Course. This course always follows the syllabus outlined by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which is an essential part to our training needs. The course meets Ofsted Requirements, for Nannies, Child-minder’s and Play Group Workers working as part of a team. The training includes everything you need to know about first aid in the childcare industry. A course not to be missed.
You can attend this course at one of our Training centres or as a group booking at your venue. For group bookings please make a booking enquiry and one of our team will contact you to dicuss your requirements. All of our course dates are flexible and we can change them to accommodate your needs. Just get in touch and we can discuss your individual requirements.
* Free Anaphylaxis / Auto Injector Training. We do not charge for this unlike other trainers.
* Free Paediatric First Aid Manual.
* Reminders for requalification
* Full support and assistance
* Only one day in the Classroom
Who should attend this course?
(To gain Ofsted registration the Full 12 Hour Paediatric course is required)
- Early Years Practitioners
- All childcare professionals working in the industry
- Anyone that wants to learn about Paediatric First Aid
The Course Content – Practical Classroom
- Responsibilities of the first aider – Emergency situations
- Infant and child in detail
- Dealing with a scene safely
- Severe Bleeding – Help an Infant, baby or child who is bleeding
- How to check for signs of breathing – Help an Infant, baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Checking for injuries on a casualty
- Accidents and Reporting
- The Recovery position procedures
- Childhood illnesses
- Managing Burns
- Infant and child resuscitation
- Choking Hazards – Help an Infant, baby or child who is choking
- Shock management – Help an Infant, baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
- Role play scenarios – Help an Infant, baby or child who is having a seizure
- Informal assessment
- Primary Survey
- Spinal Injury Management