Full Paediatric First Aid Course – 12 Hour – Blended
This course is recommended for professional people who work in the care of infants and children, and always follows the syllabus outlined by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which is an essential part of our training needs. The course meets Ofsted Requirements, for Nannies, Childminder’s and Play Group Workers and therefore you will gain a nationally recognised certificate. The training includes everything you need to know about first aid in the childcare industry. A course not to be missed.
This course is blended learning – it is a 6-hour online component and a 6-hour classroom based course that meets all Ofsted requirements for the 12 Hour course. The online part of the course has to be completed before the Classroom element where upon completion of both you will be issued your certificate. Get your weekends back and save 2 days in the classroom. Please contact us for more information.
The practical training sessions are conducted at your nearest First Aid Training Bristol Training Centre by our Early Years experienced trainers. All of our training courses are designed to be ‘stop-start’ courses, so should you not have time to complete a whole course in one period, you can leave the course and return to where you left off at a later date.
* Free Anaphylaxis / Auto Injector Training. We do not charge for this unlike other trainers.
* Free Paediatric First Aid Manual.
* Access to the full online course for 8 months even after the course is completed so you can see the latest videos and download updated material
* Downloadable student manual and other downloads/links
* Certified CPD statement
* Evidenced based learning statement
* Reminders for requalification
* Optional weekly video refresher emails to keep your skills fresh
* Full support and assistance
* Only one day in the Classroom – no more time off work.
Who should attend this course?
- Childminders – To gain Ofsted registration this is a requirement.
- Early Years Practitioners
- All childcare professionals working in the industry
- Anyone that wants to learn about Paediatric First Aid
The Course Content – Practical Classroom
- Responsibilities of the first aider – Emergency situations
- Infant and child in detail
- Dealing with a scene safely
- Severe Bleeding – Help an Infant, baby or child who is bleeding
- How to check for signs of breathing – Help an Infant, baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Checking for injuries on a casualty
- Accidents and Reporting
- The Recovery position procedures
- Childhood illnesses
- Managing Burns
- Infant and child resuscitation
- Choking Hazards – Help an Infant, baby or child who is choking
- Shock management – Help an Infant, baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
- Role play scenarios – Help an Infant, baby or child who is having a seizure
- Informal assessment
- Primary Survey
- Spinal Injury Management
e-Learning Course Content
- Burns or scalds for Children
- Fractures for Children
- Head, neck or back injuries
- Eyes, ears or nose obstructions including Eye injuries
- Bites and stings from insects
- Cold and Heat injuries for Children
- Diabetic emergency for Children
- Asthma attacks for Children
- Allergic reactions for Children
- Electric shock – Childcare setting
- Meningitis and/or febrile convulsions – Signs and symptoms in your child
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Accident and Reporting – Who to contact
The e-Learning Experience
Even if you have never done e-learning and are unfamiliar with computers, our e-Learning course is simple and easy to navigate. You will experience one of the most advanced forms of education available. Each student is taught by an experienced instructor on their best day that the student can rewind, pause and resume -all while having a front row seat in the class. This kind of quality, self-paced education maximises retention of skills while allowing you to remain at home. It is also fun and includes videos, pictures and quizzes.
When you book the 12 hour course you will be emailed a log in and password to complete your online part of the course – simple, fair and honest – Oh and save a whole day in the classroom.