Food Safety Course Level 1 – e-Learning
Our Food Hygiene / Food Safety course covers all the basics on food preparation, regulations, precautions and care when preparing food for others. It is designed to meet the requirements of various regulations in food preparation and health and safety. The course covers regulations, preparation, storage, infections, cross contamination, reporting, PPE, date marks, reporting illness and basic first aid in the kitchen.
The certificate is valid for 3 years and can be taken fully online.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
The Course Content
- Relevant legislation
- Allergen Regulations 2014
Bacteriology and Food Poisoning
- Bacteria and their Effects
- How we control bacterial growth
- Food Poisoning and allergic reactions
- Types of infections
- Poisons and food poisoning
Food Contamination and personal Hygiene
- Cross contamination: Direct and Indirect
- Example of Indirect cross contamination
- Preventing cross contamination
- Bars and restaurants restaurant workers
- Clothing in food production
- Personal responsibilities at work
- illness, employer’s responsibility
- Personal Illness and exclusion from work
- Use by and Best before dates
Heating, refrigeration and freezing